Children entering the reception class in September will be invited to spend a session with the class teacher and new friends towards the end of the summer term prior to their date of admission. Parents are encouraged to attend a meeting before the child starts school when all the information about the school will be circulated and discussed.
If you wish to make an application to our school, you must complete the common application form provided by the local authority by the dates provided and return it to the local authority.
The standard number agreed for admissions to the Reception class is 30.
Responsibility for admissions is delegated to the Governing Body Admissions Committee.
Please note that the governors will admit all children who have a statement of special educational needs in which the school is named.
In the event of over-subscription for the remaining places they will be allocated by the following criteria, in order:
- Children in Public Care (Looked After Children) and previously looked after children who were looked after, then ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order)
- Children whose parent/s or guardian/s can demonstrate a regular/frequent worship at St Johns Church**
- Children whose parent/s or guardian/s regularly worship at another church within the parish which is a member of churches together in Britain and Ireland, or a local Churches Together organisation**
- Children who have an older brother or sister attending school at the time of their admission
- Children with social or medical issues that mean St John’s is their preference
- Children who live within the parish of Farnworth and Kearsley***
- All other children
Please Click on the link below to apply for a school place.